Sunday, March 13, 2005

Tidbits from the Republican Candidates

I scan the Republican candidates' web sites just about daily. Today, I'm feeling a little frisky, so here's some commentary on what I found.


Forrester has a nice little picture on his main page showing him going door-to-door. The text says
Forrester Campaign Taking To The Streets

"You're the only one who can do it," she said. "We firmly believe that - my husband and I."

"Doug Forrester gripped her hand and said: "That's why

we're running. We think we can do it, too." [more]
So, I was wondering, is that the editorial "we" or the royal "we"?

Lonegan has a Media Center link in his main menu. Given such a prominent placement, one would expect lots of useful content. Go check it out (we’ll wait while you read it all).

Murphy has a blog that reads like a series of monthly campaign letters to contributors. There are three entries. They lapse into the royal “we” by the third post.

Schroeder’s latest press release trumpets his victory in the race for the NorthEast Republican Organization endorsement.

Looking ahead to the upcoming Bergen GOP convention, Schroeder stated, “Our campaign must continue to build on each of our successes, proving the wisdom that a win at NERO fuels the momentum crucial to a campaign’s success in all of Bergen County.”

I’m thinking that maybe a candidate for statewide office should be shooting for more than just winning a single county.

I looked and looked, but couldn’t find anything to mock at Schundler’s site. His blog is clearly written, in the conversational style familiar to most bloggers. It’s also updated several times a week.

I could go on, but then the FEC might go after me for an in-kind contribution. Or they would if this were a federal race.