Saturday, February 19, 2005

Capital Academy Update: The Columns IV

For those who have been following my Capital Academy postings, I have an update. One of my (very few) readers was considering a home purchase in Delanco, and dropped me a line to learn more about the issue. The local papers had been silent on the issue for a few weeks, with the most recent article in the Burlington County Times on February 1st (as I noted here).
In a fit of citizen-journalism, my correspondent called Judge Sweeney's office and learned that Capital Academy's appeal is scheduled for a hearing on April 4th. The hearing doesn't yet show up on the public docket, which only includes the next four weeks, so it seems we have scooped the Times. Thanks for the help!
I'm going to attempt to arrange my schedule to attend this hearing. Hopefully, I'll be able to get something published before the Times on that as well.